September 08, 2020
This will help you understand the information we gather about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and whom we entrust that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to the information that you have provided the organization.
In processing your information, the organization adheres to the general principle of transparency, legitimate purpose and proportionality.
BUKLOD is a national political party whose principal objective is to build a strong and economically developed Philippines that will:
- Foster strong love of country and unity among all its people, regardless of ethnic background, economic standing or religious belief.
- Provide fairness and justice to all, promote and provide equitable distribution of wealth to all citizens by giving them equal opportunities to succeed in life and enjoy the happiness that each Filipino truly deserves.
- Use the country’s strength to become a leader among nations of the world to effectively protect the country’s national interests and the welfare of its people.
To achieve this primary objective, the Party and its members shall pursue and implement their objectives and beliefs, which form the basis by which the Party is founded.
When you contact us or join our organization, you may share oar provide information to us that allows the identification of you as an individual (e.g., name, email, address, telephone number, etc.). This is known as personal data.
Please read the following statement; it will explain how we use your personal data. We may amend this at any time without giving you notice, so please check it each time you visit our website.
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect your information to manage your request:
- To process your membership application, either online through our website or via hard copy; and
- To communicate with you when you reach out to us online via our website.
What types of personal data do we collect?
When you visit our website, make an inquiry or may wish to join as a member, you may be asked to provide some personal data, such as your name, address, birthdate, contact number, and email address, education and occupation and photo.
Where we get these personal data?
There are several ways that we may obtain your personal data. Most of the personal data we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide personal information when you:
- Send a message thru our website
- Get in touch with us via telephone or email for an inquiry
- Apply for membership, either online or face to face via hard printed application form
- Offline interaction with us, including registration in our events
How do we store your personal data?
Your personal data will be stored in our website and may be printed in hardcopies and kept in a secured filing storage that will be access by our authorized personnel.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will store and retain personal data for such period as may be required by applicable law, or for as long as necessary as may be needed to communicate with you.
How we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following reasons:
- to respond to your queries about the organization;
- to process your request to become a member of BUKLOD;
- to communicate with you for possible assignment to Party activities; and
- to send pertinent messages or communications via email, courier or mail and mobile phone/telephone.
We take reasonable steps whenever and wherever we collect, process, or use your personal data, that it is treated securely and in accordance with the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012.
To whom might we disclose or transfer your personal data?
We will disclose your personal data to our Organization’s authorized personnel in order to respond to your query or process your membership.
However, we might share your personal data to a third party if we are obliged to do so or allowed to do so, by law, or where we need to do so (for instance where we outsource services or other people to process data for us).
By providing personal information on our website, you consent to this transfer and/or storage of personal information.
How do we protect your personal data?
We value the integrity, confidentiality, and security of your information. We put in reasonable safeguards by restricting access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your information with strict confidentiality.
We will retain your personal information for as long as the information is reasonably required to fulfill the collection of the information or until you request that we delete that information.
How can you access your personal data?
You may request access to the information you have submitted, to make updates on the details using the Contact Us page. In all cases, we will treat requests to access information or change information in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
You have rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which includes the right to object to the processing, the right to access your data, the right to modify inaccurate data, and the right to the erasure or blocking of data.